In the event that an elevator stops with a passenger(s) in it, remember to remain calm.
During business hours:
- Push the button or pick up the telephone located below the elevator panel. It is connected to the Kastle Systems central monitoring center.
- Please tell them the elevator has stopped. Give them your name, the cab number and the floor where the elevator has stopped.
- Kastle will notify the Building Engineers who will verify where the stopped elevator is located and call the elevator company for emergency service.
- Building Engineers will remain in the area where the elevator is stopped until the elevator personnel arrive.
- Never attempt to exit an elevator cab that is out of service until you have been cleared to do so by the Building Engineer, a representative from the elevator company or the fire department.
After business hours and on the weekend:
- Please tell them the elevator has stopped. Give them your name, the cab number and what floor where the elevator has stopped.
- Kastle will call the Tenant Service Center and they will call the elevator company for emergency services. If Building Engineers are available, they will respond.